--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
> <willytex@> wrote:
> >
> > TurquoiseB wrote:
> > > Something about this statement kept nagging
> > > at me, and I couldn't figure out what it was
> > > until now.
> > >
> > > It's that it displays an absolute ignorance
> > > of the nature of cults. A cult wouldn't HAVE
> > > to require a follower to attend one of its
> > > functions. A cult's control over its followers
> > > is such that they would WANT to attend, and
> > > believe that wanting to was their own idea.
> >
> > "Lenz has claimed to be one of only twelve truly
> > enlightened people on Earth. The enlightened
> > twelve also, he claimed, included his dog Vayu."
>
> An enlightened dog! Cool!
>
> But could could Vayu levitate?

Not that I ever witnessed. :-)

But Vayu was a pretty cool dog. Lenz had a
somewhat odd relationship with him (he sup-
posedly was very depressed when Vayu died,
and he himself died wearing Vayu's collar
as a kind of tribute to his good -- and some
would say only -- friend), but he was really
a neat dog.

Black Scottie, with all of the wonderful and
not-so-wonderful traits of a Scottie. *Very*
independent, not in the least clingy or over-
dependent on his "human pet" (Lenz) for company
or attention.

I personally suspect that Lenz's rating of
Vayu as enlightened was as questionable as
his rating of himself in that category, but
he was a cool dog, and a very sensitive per-
ceiver. I remember one night in a lecture,
Vayu was running around the lecture hall while
Lenz talked, and a number of people were stand-
ing up in a line at the front of the room as
he talked to them about some things. One fellow,
who hadn't eaten all day, suddenly felt faint
and keeled over without a sound. Vayu was in
the back of the room, as a matter of fact hav-
ing his ears scritched by me, and was facing
in the other direction.

*As the guy was still falling*, before he hit
the ground, Vayu whipped his head around and
started running for the front of the room. He
got to the fellow who had fainted and "stood
guard" over him until one of the doctors helped
him to revive. Neat thing to see.

> My dog has mastered the sidhi of getting people to
> do her bidding merely by moving her eyebrows.

One of mine performs that siddhi by lifting his
ears and training his big Grommit-like eyes on
you. The other "noses" me until I give in. :-)

> Luckily, her desires are fully in accord with Natural
> Law and they rarely amount to more than a biscuit or
> walk in the park.

Yeah, they are really simple creatures to please,
aren't they? I have learned a great deal about
life from my dogs. I suspect that Lenz did as
well.