On Jul 20, 2008, at 12:27 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

And all deserve to be goofed on including my own desire to believe
shit that has no basis.  It isn't ever possible to live according to
perfect evidence, we end up winging it all the time.  But that doesn't
give us a pass to just accept the most bold faced bullshittery when it
is wrapped in gold foil and delivered in a mincing, lilting accent.
And although some like to get political here, I save most of my posts
for the movement and my comedic take on their bloviated
pronouncements.  I really enjoy writing them.  If anyone ever reads
them it is an unexpected bonus.

The movement is a cartoon for me in many ways.  I really don't take
its premises seriously.  I was willing to take another look at the
technique and say that I think it can be a valuable resource.  But all
the "I am that" stuff is just more religious beliefs to me.  It might
as well be a claim that believing in Jesus as God's son will bring you
eternal life.  It is a chosen POV on an experience that could be
interpreted other ways.  Even Maharishi admits that with his rap about
the Mahavakyas.  It is a POV that needs to be nudged into place by an
authority figure.  It is optional IMO.  I don't know where my POV will
land regarding the states of mind brought about through meditation,
but I am pretty sure it wont sound like a pronouncement from a "Raja",
the king of an imaginary domain.

Especially considering the fact that the one thing I place the most
value in, TM and its teaching method,(sans puja) is now obviously the
lowest priority of the organization.  If you aren't already on board
hook line and ratna studded sinker, you are not able to join the
movement's party. You will have to buy your own eggless sheet cake if
you want to wish invincibility and rising Age of Enlightenment on the
national day of Tonga.  Or come up with $2,500 for a nice way to chill
served with  a heavy dose of mindfuck.

Post of the week, Curtis.  And it's only Sunday!  You're
on a roll here, keep em coming.

Sal