> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > Their
> > > conclusion was later questioned by Talbott, noting that the
> > > team had only been able to recreate 2 of the 3 criteria.
> > > Talbott also expressed concerns that the iron particles were
> > > not distributed laterally. Furthermore, she felt that the
> > > team's use of night vision headsets and other technologically
> > > advanced items would be out of reach for the average hoaxer.
> >
> > Doesn't this just prove that the somewhat nutty guys who are so
> > into this that they would spend their nights doing it are just
> > way better at it than a bunch of hired dabblers?  It seems to
> > make the point that no extraterrestrial agency is necessary
> > doesn't it?
>
> Well, not really. They could only meet two of the three
> criteria, for one thing; and they didn't do such a good
> job with one of the two they managed to accomplish.
>
> But even more of a problem is why crop circle makers
> would go to all the trouble of creating these effects
> with advanced technology in the first place:
>
> > > 1. Elongated apical plant stem nodes
> > > 2. Expulsion cavities in the plant stems
> > > 3. The presence of 10-50 micrometer diameter magnetized
> > >    iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly

It may be an artifact of the unknown process that they use.   Which
also answers this point:

> It strains credulity to think circle makers would have
> "planted" this kind of anomalous, virtually invisible
> evidence throughout circles that would have been
> difficult enough to create overnight without it.

It may be just a byproduct of how they are doing it.  The extent of
human ingenuity is fantastic.

The jump you don't seem to make, which many people do who are into
this is to claim, is that they know they are done my aliens.  Same
with UFOs, they are "unidentified."   The jump to identifying them as
alien crafts is an unnecessary jump. with crop circles all we can say
is that we don't have all the answers to all ways they are done.  But
the suggestion that we need to imagine that humans couldn't do it
seems far fetched to me.  Is this one for your "don't rule it out"
box?  I think I am more convinced that it is humans who are really
into this kind of thing.

But this topic always interests me in where you are drawing your lines
while challenging the simple explanations. It is one of your best
"raps" IMO.