---Precisely! The main ingredient is the Shakti level, not cultural
correctness.

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hagen J. Holtz"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> R.G., now I get your point. You think the effect of a mantra, - and
that could be any suitable word -, to which you feel a special
inclination, would be good enough to come closer to God.
> This seems to me to be only a romantic idea based on the assumption
that transcending was only a question of comfort, confidence
and "good vibrations". But this theory is too simple in order to give
justice to the vedic approach. Here the criteria for transcending are
based on spota, the science about ideal grammar of (or) form.
Example: The word table, in German "Tisch" and in Latin tabula may
have the same meaning but different forms. Spota will teach the
criteria for choosing the ideal form, which allows only one sound
associatable with one particular meaning. The well-meant idea that
any "good sound" or "good meaning", associated with God, would be
good enough to create the same result like TM will definitely lead to
a dead end. Therefore telling a school-class, that they could take
anything that comforts them in order to avoid confrontation
with "Indian culture" is as stupid as saying, "if you do not like
Einstein's theory about relativity, because it is jewish, then take
any other theory out of your cultural vicinity, which comes closest
to his thoughts". :-)))