> AL Qaeda wasn't present in Iraq before
> we got there...

Yeah, right: al Qaeda was in Afghanistan,
Pakistan, Kashmir, India, Lebanon, Saudi
Arabia, Syria, Egypt, Sudan, Libya, Morroco,
Indonesia, China, Italy, Iran, Spain, Yemen,
Britain, France, Germany, the United States,
Canada, Sweden, Russia, and Kurdistan, but
there were no Al Qaeda in Iraq? That doesn't
even make any sense, Lawson. There were
probably thousands of AL Qaeda in Irag before
the invasion.

Al Qaeda is an ideology!

>From what I've read, Osama bin Laden himself
may have been in Iraq at one time.

"Bin Laden is said to have requested space to
establish training camps, as well as assistance
in procuring weapons, but Iraq apparently
never responded. "

Full story:

'Key findings on al-Qaeda'
BBC News, Wednesday, 16 June, 2004