<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But I> do agree the volume of viral email smears on Palin in such a
> short> span of time is one for the Guinness Book of Records.

<snip>
> Saying that Palin is not ready for this job is not a smear.

Did raunchydog say that was a smear? I don't believe so.

I'd guess she's talking about smears like the list of
books that Palin allegedly banned when she was mayor
of Wasilla. Actually it's a list of all the books that
have been banned in the U.S. at one time or another, a
number of them published well after Palin was mayor.

I received that one from my best friend, who got it
from a minister of her acquaintance, who got it from
someone at UCLA, all of whom accepted it without
question as accurate.

(Palin didn't ban any books; she merely asked the
librarian how she would react if she were asked
to remove books. Nor did Palin threaten to fire
the librarian for not being willing to do so.)