> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > But I> do agree the volume of viral email smears on Palin in such a
> > short> span of time is one for the Guinness Book of Records.
> >
> <snip>
> > Saying that Palin is not ready for this job is not a smear.
>
> Did raunchydog say that was a smear? I don't believe so.

No she didn't.  I was making the point that the most important
information going out about her has nothing to do with smears.

I think the clarification about the library books question is
important.  I work with schools and PTA members and have heard stories
about how most are approached to ban certain books by super religious
people.  I heard that she just asked the librarian what the procedure
was and didn't pursue it.  I don't think that would fly too well in
independent Alaska.  But it is not a bad line to keep an eye on for
anyone in a position of power.

I understand that people, myself included have to be careful about
jumping to conclusions about her.  But I have some experience with
people who are as outspokenly religious as Palin and so her positions
are not completely unexpected.  She doesn't believe in abortion in the
case of incest or rape.  This is an extreme position even for a
pro-lifer.  I saw her answer this question so I am sure this is not a
smear.  I checked out her new church's beliefs from the Website you
included, thanks for that.  Given their stated relationship to
scripture I have a few areas of culture (gay rights for one) that I
will be watching her words very carefully on.