On Oct 13, 2008, at 5:33 PM, sparaig wrote:

[...]
The glass is always half empty or half full, depending on your perspective.

Of course, given the connotations of "Emptiness" in the TM context,
you to wonder, which is the positive perspective...

Dare I bring up the connotations of "Fullness" in this discussion?

Sure, if you mean "fullness of sh*t".

The TM org is doing the exact same thing that fundamentalist Christians do with their "Book of Revelation" and world-history-as-the- latest-Apocalypse scenario, only they use their Neo-vedic pseudoscience schtick instead, with a discredited physicist and teenage skirt-chaser instead of a mega-preacher. "Phase transition" is just an old buzzword (shamelessly borrowed from chemistry and physics) TMers are all familiar with and it helps relieve the obvious cognitive dissonance they are feeling. To further assuage their fears, Hagelin uses the same excuses Ole Mahesh used to try.

It's the same old story really. I could feel the fullness. :-)