> You know when a science is no longer a science and just dogma? When there is
> no way
to disprove the theory which is the higher-order explanation for the empirical
evidence.
Let's see, our self-chosen criteria for quantifying the ME go up. Well, we're
responsible for
that. These self-same criteria go down, well, we're responsible for that too,
but now we
have a brand new ad hoc explanation as to why they go down: phase transition.
Notice the
a priori assumption that the ME is an absolute given and the ad hoc explanation
is to
rationalize the contradictory evidence away.

> I'd love to ask John, "You state that the ME is a scientific theory which
> means it is open
to nullification. So, John, what empirical findings would nullify the ME?"

They get their numbers and nothing at all happens...

;-)

Lawson