<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I note that you fail to address anything I wrote
> > other than to call it "bullshittery."
> >
> > Lame, very lame.
>
> Perhaps this will be clearer then.
>
> You claimed that you and Raunchy had death threats
> hurled at you.

I said misogynistic vomit, including death
threats, had been hurled at us and many other
women.

> I asked you for examples.
>
> You gave some.

I gave two, both from one post of Barry's.

> I told you they were not death threats.
>
> You told me that they were by your definition.
>
> Today you claimed that they were metaphorical
> death threats.

As distinct from *literal* death threats, yup.
Just as the misogynistic vomit they were a part
of was metaphorical as opposed to literal.

> I told you that this was bullshit.  You made a claim that
> was proven to be false

No, no. Nobody's "proven it to be false." You
just don't think it's legitimate for me to refer
to refer to what Barry wrote as (metaphorical)
death threats. We disagree. It's not the kind of
thing that is either true or false in any
objective sense. It does, I maintain, have
*emotional* truth.

 and now you can't bring yourself to admit it.  Let me
> quote another poster here:
>
> "Your hypocrisy is stunning"  (OMG that was YOU!)
>
> There were plenty of honorable ways out of this Judy, you
> just didn't choose any of them.  Your lack of ability to
> admit mistakes here exposes your biggest achilies heel in
> discussions here IMO.

Now, *that's* bullshittery. I don't *need* a "way
out." I meant what I said to start with. My only
mistake was in assuming it would be obvious that
"death threats" was an appropriate term to use to
refer to Barry's remarks.

I'd be backpedaling if I didn't stick to my guns.

And again, I'm by no means alone in seeing this
kind of remark as a threat. Go read the Rachel
Sklar article I cited if you don't believe me.

It's astounding to me how backward this group is
with regard to gender issues.

(Except when they involve Maharishi or the TMO,
of course. Oh, or Guru Dev.)