<snip>

> I don't have a problem with his church either. I have
> a problem with his judgment in not realizing how it
> would be used against him if he ran for president; and
> I have a problem with the way he dealt with it when it
> became a public controversy.

So he was quite politically calculating enough?  My guess is that
Obama went to church for his kids and sat there daydreaming about
conquering the world and becoming president the whole time.  Like Bill
Mahar, I hope he is lying about being a real Christian.  When it came
out he played politics and was politically calculating.  Imagine that.

> > If Obama gets elected, I hope he continues to work with
> > everyone around him on positive projects to help our country.
> > If he brings out the best in a guy who was a past radical,
> > that seems like a plus.
>
> Your "best" may be someone else's "worst." As I
> said, as a leftist, I'd be only too happy to see
> Ayers's educational policies implemented. But those
> on the right have a legitimate gripe about them, and
> see them as directly connected to Ayers's past
> anti-government activities.

I think you laid out the Republican's fears accurately.  I don't know
enough about Ayer's educational policies to have an opinion.

But I do have an opinion about the people Ayers was fighting against
who were acting against our best interest in South East Asia.  They
were not only wrong, they light babies on fire by the thousands on
their illegal, and unsanctioned by the American people, air raids.
They were destroying our country and any claim we could have to a
higher ground than the communists.  They did much more to ruin the
kind of America that I want to live in then the Weather Underground,
as misguided in their actions as I believe they were.