<snip>
> > That's debatable, Curtis, and it really isn't
> > parallel to a president's dealings with "bad"
> > foreign leaders. Remember that Ayers and Dohrn
> > held a fundraiser for Obama at their home when
> > he was running for Illinois Senate.
>
> Are you sure that's the best way to characterize that meeting?
>
> According to what I have read, Ayers has donated $200 total
> to Obama campaigns over the last 15 years. That hardly seems
> like an amount a person hosting a fund-raiser would contribute.

Perhaps the hospitality--organizing and hosting the
fundraiser--was part of Ayers's contribution. That's
one way to do it if you're not flush with cash but
have connections with people who do.

(And remember, this was a run for state senate, so
huge sums weren't involved.)

Most accounts I've seen say it was a fundraiser. But
even if it was just to introduce Obama to influential
people who could help his campaign, it doesn't change
the point, which is that Obama's association with
Ayers isn't parallel to a president negotiating with
hostile foreign leaders (which is what Curtis was
suggesting).