On Nov 2, 2008, at 11:26 AM, shempmcgurk wrote:

> In the thread I started titled "a well regulated militia", I suggested
> that there be "a civilian paramilitary that is just as strong as the
> regular military" and asked: "Doesn't that sound like a good idea?"
>
> The Obama-bots all chimed in to snicker and say how they're all
> opposed: Rick, Bob, Gullible Fool, Vajina, Nelson.
>
> BUT IT'S BARACK OBAMA WHO IS SUGGESTING A CIVILIAN PARAMILITARY!!!!

Actually Obama never used the word paramilitary. You might want to
listen to it again. And it's way too brief to hear the context. Since
there are no other references, it's hard to know if this quote from
months ago actually represents the current policy stand of future
President Obama.

More people are killed EVERY YEAR by guns than in all the Iraq wars! I
look forward to working together with my representatives, the
democratic senate and President Barack Hussein Obama to force new,
stricter gun laws. Together we can stop the slaughter from gun nuts. I
think this would be a good use for the secret prisons of the Bush-
Cheney fascist regime!