since we are talking about spirituality, i think the successful
application of that word is to see it first as a category to
distinguish our focus on what is commonly called the higher self
from our everyday life; "i do and think about spiritual things".
then as the practice deepens and is successful, it comes full circle
and becomes a reintegration and rediscovery of life itself.

spirituality is useful as a signpost to a seeker, but once the goal
is reached, spirituality as a concept loses all meaning.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Richardson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did unsub :- )  But I have many spies around - even on this
group.

why do you need "spies"? the idea is a funny one, and sounds like
you are giving power to others by creating enemies. can b e a
useful, but decidedly illusory exercise.