<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Some talking head (I forget which) recently pointed out that the
> time Hillary is taking to accept or turn down the offer for
> secretary of state  is a bit passive aggressive.

An article in HuffPost today (originally from
the New York Times) says that all of the talk
about Hillary being offered the position of
SoS in the first place was leaked to the press
by the *Clinton* people, not from the Obama
camp. The latter are quite distraught about
the leaks.

http://tinyurl.com/5cd3c6

The article is quite clear in who is to blame
for any delays, and for all of the leaks. The
Obama camp defines the problem, if there is
one, as the result of "strategic leaks by the
Clintons aimed at boxing in the president-elect
and forcing him to offer the post [to Clinton]."

> I don't know if that is true or not since we don't have the
> details of the supposed "offer" or have full disclosure on how
> complicated Bill's foreign country business deals would make this.
>
> Maybe it's a slight, maybe not.
>
> But it does show very good faith on Obama's side towards Hillary
> that he is letting this impression of a diss linger.  He gave her
> great respect and consideration to let this offer get out...

It would appear that he had nothing to do with
"letting the offer get out." She, or her people,
were responsible for all the leaks.

> ...and let her take her own sweet time in answering.

As if she would ever do anything else. :-)

> I wonder if the Hillaryphiles here are going to acknowledge that
> she is getting very preferential treatment here.

Much less that, by allowing her people to leak things
that shouldn't have ever been leaked to the press in
the first place, she has basically disqualified her-
self for the position. If she can't control her staff
now, does anyone believe she'll be able to as Secretary
of State?

> If it was me, (and thank
> all the gods it is not!) I would say, "here is the offer, take
> the weekend to decide, on Monday you either sign up or I move
> on to my next choice.

If it were me, I would withdraw the offer entirely,
because she has proved that she and her staff cannot
be trusted with privileged information, and can't
keep a secret. THAT is who we want as US Secretary
of State? Yeah, right.