--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > shempmcgurk wrote:
> > > ...that's what the total number of American troops killed in
the
> Iraq
> > > War represent as a percentage of all American troops killed in
> all wars
> > > America has fought:
> > >
> > > http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004615.html
> > The number should be zero.  There should have been no war in
Iraq.
> Or
> > do you advocate using young people as cannon fodder?
> >

> I'm not advocating anything.
>
> All I'm doing is reproducing some statistics to put the Iraq War
in
> perspective.
-snip-

in terms of putting the war in perspective, although it may be a
tiny percentage when compared to other wars, we as humans don't
evaluate it that way, essentially as a rounding error and who cares
who died.

instinctively we each know that for each soldier or civilian killed,
if that was our brother, sister, child or spouse, the statistic goes
way above .5 percent, to 50% or more, of our family, or closest
loved ones died. this then is why so many people detest war, not for
its comparitive statistics, but for its direct impact.