<http://www.truthabouttm.org/truth/IndividualEffects/IsTMaCult/index.c
> > fm

> > > The Transcendental Meditation program cannot be called a cult
> > because it
> > > develops independent, intelligent, creating thinking and its
> > founder,
> > > Maharishi, has in many ways encouraged personal independence,
> > > integration with society, and good citizenship.
> > >
> > > Contents:
> > >
> > > Table Comparing the Transcendental Meditation Program and Cults

<http://www.truthabouttm.org/truth/IndividualEffects/IsTMaCult/index.c
> > fm
> > > #tablecult>
> >
> > Change the word "programme" to "movement" and then see what you
get.

> > The TMO is a cult by just about any definition. Here's the first
> > dictionary you get in google:
> >
> > http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cult
> >

> ".    a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference
to its rites and
> ceremonies."
>

> Which system of religious worship with reference to rites and
ceremonies do
> YOU practice when you sit down for 20 minutes x2?

Actually I said: Change the word "programme" to "movement" and
then see what you get, because I'm not convinced you can seperate
the two.

When I say my mantra I'm making a prayer to Lakshmi, and it the
mantra came via a ceremony praising, indeed bowing down before,
all manner of gods, deities, "aspects of natural law" whatever you
want to call them it couldn't be any more obvious, once you've read
the English translation.

And the TMO considers me initiated. Initiated into what exactly?

And that is before you adopt the highly strange and obviously
religious belief system that the TMO will insist is the absolute
truth against all the available evidence.

Dude, the first stage of escaping cults is realisation that you've
been duped in the first place..