--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2008, at 9:58 AM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > Regardless...
> >
> > " the periods of transcendental consciousness during TM are
> > NOT correlated with such such physiological effects.."
>
> Actually early TM research DID make the claim of hemispheric shift
> and they continued to make this false claim until independent
> researchers discovered it was an incorrect and false claim. IIRC they
> used poor controls.

Hmmm... Could you point to the independent research that made them
change their mind? EEG stuff from the early days (mid-70's) was mostly
about COSPARS, though I recall that claims about changes in power have
changed over the years, I don't recall early claims (at least in the Published
Papers) of unilateral hemispheric EEG changes (not saying there weren't
any, just that I don't recall them. By the time Yogic FLying research
was publsihed, it was all about the coherence, baby).

Lawson
have changed