yifuxero wrote:
>  I've not seen any evidence that going around saying
> "we're already Enlightened" helps much...

Maybe you haven't read what Shakya the Muni had to say
about a 'greed for views'. Enlightenment is a realization,
not a metaphysic, an epistemology, a theory of knowledge,
or a 'practice' - the enlightened state is a  'realizing'
the way things are:

The belief that that one will attain more enlightenment
than he or she will attain, or that he or she will attain
less enlightenment than he or she will attain, needs to
be avoided - it's a stumbling block to realization.

"Neither from itself nor from another,
Nor from both,
Nor without a cause,
Does anything whatever, anywhere arise."

Mûlamadhyamakakârikâ 1:1:
http://tinyurl.com/666v3s