--Willytex, this is most interesting!  But isn't there a downside?
(I'll let you answer for yourself): you won't be able to teach this
as a route to Unity.  It's like making a pact before incarnating,
something like
"OK, I'm getting close to Unity and need one final stimulus.
Practicing TM for decades won't do so I'll take the schrooms saving
me the Sadhana. That will get be there quicker".
 Your Neo-Advaitin admonitions such as "Just Be" don't hold much
water in the face of your own experience.
 I don't see how people can teach others something different than
what they experienced themselves.
 To be consistent, shouldn't you go around promoting shroom
ingestion?  Could be the modern-day Soma and you could be the Leary-
like pied piper of the 21st century!

MEPHISTOPHELES (from Wiki):
The name is associated with the Faust legend of a scholar who wagers
his soul against the devil being able to make Faust wish to live,
even for a moment, based on the historical Johann Georg Faust.

The name appears in the late 16th century Faust chapbooks. In the
1725 version which was read by Goethe, Mephostophiles is a devil in
the form of a greyfriar summoned by Faust in a wood outside
Wittenberg. The name Mephistophiles already appears in the 1527
Praxis Magia Faustiana, printed in Passau, alongside pseudo-Hebrew
text. It is best explained as a purposely obscure pseudo-Greek or
pseudo-Hebrew formation of Renaissance magic

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"