uns wrote:
> "What if..." enquiry should have included
> the message "...without turning the subject
> into a deluded acid head".

Some western people just can't deal with the
idea of people getting spiritual by ingesting
plant substances like the ancient Vedic Aryans
did.

There's a deep-seated prejudice in America
against ritual trance-induction, unless its
alcohol induced. In our western society some
people have gotten to the point where otherwise
decent, honest people resort to rank hypocrisy
when even discussing the subject.

Seratonin is generated in the brain during TM
practice, so there's no need to procure illegal
chemicals. Maharishi has made a complete program
available with hundreds of organic substances
and potions available for self medication.

He's got more potions that Carter had 'Little
Liver Pills'!

Among the brain's many jobs is to be your own
chemist. The brain produces more than 50
identified active drugs. Some of these are
associated with memory, others with intelligence,
still others are sedatives. Endorphin is the
brain's painkiller, and it is 3 times more
potent than morphine. More than 100,000 chemical
reactions go on in your brain every second!

Read more:

Subject: No, Im not on Soma!
From: Willytex
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental