L.Shaddai, it appears from your comments (below) that you would
rather not be considered a racist, and I'm in favor of that, too.  It
seems, however, that you have taken your limited life experiences
with the African Americans that you have dealt with and extrapolated
that far beyond its useful or accurate value.  I'm not doubting the
authenticity of your experiences, only their foundational legitimacy
for making the sweeping statements that you have expressed re "all
blacks".

Furthermore, you have used terms in the past in reference to Barack
Obama (mulatto and yellow) that come from an era that was far more
steeped in racism than is the situation today. Their use is troubling
to me inasmuch as it incorporates, by association, a time in our
American history that we are finally making real progress in
overcoming, and reinforces the assumption that you are unaware of how
awful you sound (to me, at least) when you post on this issue.

You also make this statement:

"Definitely grave concern and a feeling of defeat that an attorney
who works for criminals should speak as a starry eyed optimist of the
way the world should be and sees my statements as racist."

It's not criminals I work for, but the Constitution, and the rights
under the Constitution that we all share.  I do that work by
defending individuals accused of criminal offenses; and by making
sure that *our* rights are defended vigorously in their person and in
their situation; that law enforcement, the prosecution, and the
judiciary don't trample or subvert those rights because my clients
are just "criminals" (or terrorists, or skinheads, or blacks,
or ...).  Your statement (above) betrays a fundamental
misunderstanding of what that work is all about and its intrinsic
value for all of us in this country.

That attitude is a common one in my experience; I'm used to it and
take no offense.  I do admit that I am a committed idealist and feel
fortunate that my life experiences have neither jaundiced my vision
of what life is and can be nor convinced me to surrender those ideals
to frustration or expediency.

I wish you nothing other than success, happiness and love in your
life.

Marek

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, I am the eternal