Hey, idea here:  Since CA has successfully -- for the most part --
spit in the face of the Feds about the marijuana laws for years, how's
'bout CA passing legalization finally to get the state's cash crop
producing tax revenues?  They could charge the same street price and
pocket most of the profits instead of, you know, 10 Mexican-mafiosos
and one white guy getting all the middleman profits.

They've softened up the Feds who now only do token raids in CA.

I'm told that in CA there's a sprinkling of vending machines on the
street that'll dispense the dope right there to ya even if a cop is
standing next to you who'll do nothing.

So that's pretty in-your-face, right now, and legalization would only
seem to be a "bit more."  I guess Prop 15ers can have about three
pounds of the stuff at any moment whereas even a seed in other states
has at times put folks away for LIFE.

With Obama and Phelps being the most recent "high" profilers who have
added even more legitimacy to the use, it looks to be a done deal if
Schwartzy goes for it....himself a once-upon-a-time-user.

The bad news:  if passed, the law will draw all the smokers to CA and
there's goes the whole west coast into the drink from the added weight.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> Fairfield Lifer wrote:

Things

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/California_goes_broke_halts_3.5_billion_0202.html

Depression.

> >> LOL!  Nope all the result of 30 years of Reaganomics.  Obama has
nothing
> >> to do with it.  I don't recall that the Great Depression of the
1930's
> >> was named The Democratic Great Depression.  It too had to do with bad
> >> Republican policies.  Trickle down just made us all peons.
> >>

> > A foreigner pegged it really well on Slashdot.org in a discussion
on H1Bs.
> > Year after year the US kept preaching free trade.  Year after year
it was a
> > race to the bottom. Give up protection of your economy in favor of
the free
> > flow of commerce.  Each step along the way a new country became
poorer.
> > Finally it's the US's turn to visit the bottom.
> >
> > It was so gradual in the US that people just didn't seem to
notice. Both
> > parents had to work to keep the household afloat where before they
didn't.
> > Actually, it was packaged masterfully.  Packaged in terms of
womens rights
> > and feminism.  It wasn't that women /had/  to work, though really
they did,
> > it was that they had to be fulfilled as women and have the same
rights as
> > men.  And men worked.
> >
> > Now comes the flood of posts proclaiming that the US should not be
richer
> > than other nations. If there are poor subsistence farmers in India
or Africa
> > then the US should not expect to have the economy it used to have.
Share the
> > poverty.  Except of course of the monied class.  Predictable as
Spring rain.