--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Hey, idea here:  Since CA has successfully -- for the most part --
> spit in the face of the Feds about the marijuana laws for years,
> how's 'bout CA passing legalization finally to get the state's
> cash crop producing tax revenues?  They could charge the same
> street price and pocket most of the profits instead of, you know,
> 10 Mexican-mafiosos and one white guy getting all the middleman
> profits.

An excellent idea, Edg.

May I submit in support of it the statistics
from the Netherlands, last time I was there.
(Some years ago now.) At the time, the govern-
ment had been asked to justify its tolerance
of marijuana by the French, who were trying to
portray Holland as a drug culture to distract
attention from the fact that much of the world's
heroin still comes through Marseilles.

The Dutch, staid as ever, pointed out that the
revenues that they receive from taxing and
regulating the tolerance of marijuana pay for
almost all of the Netherlands' well-rated health
care program for its citizens.

And y'know...if having all that dope around had
ruined the vibe of the place all that much, do
you think that famous spiritual teachers would
be based there?