i know you place an inordinate value on spritually based scholarship
(particularly by those you follow like a groupie), something which i
find antithetical to a dynamic quest for ongoing liberation.

to emphasize studying everything with the intellect, vs. just
experiencing it, is a stale and lifeless exercise, and merely
intellectualizes and removes vitality from lively, intellectually
transcendent, incomprehensible knowledge.

so while i understand your perspective, my experience with listening
to vedic chanting, for example is that the sounds produced are
timeless and not bound by one era or another. they create a change
in my awareness and a purification that is singularly powerful and
directed.

my experience is that any time such sounds are expressed and
appreciated, they effect my consciousness to such a degree that it
is wholly concievable to me that life could emerge, guided and
influenced by the consciousness resulting from these Vedic
vibrations alone. and therefore, emerge in any time, and within any
space.

so to speak of a timescale as related to these vedic sounds (pre-
vedic, post vedic)is nonsensical to me. it speaks far more of
intellectual abstraction, and something dry and dead, than the
instant vibrance i enjoy while listening to the recitations of the
Ved.

the few vedic chants i have experienced have a richness and
specificity to them that it is hardly a stretch to hear and feel the
universe being created and/or altered while listening to them. i
know i have been powerfully affected every time, to such an extent
that the bodymind changes resulting from listening to these
recitations is palpable.

so to assume that anything existing before these primal sounds
vibrated into space and from these vibrations, emerged the universe,
seems so misguided to me, no matter who asserts what, and what
their "credentials" may be.

this is why i commented as i did, from firsthand experience, rather
than relying on the hearsay of someone who said something once and
then choosing to believe them.

there is a vast difference in these two modes of learning, little
Vaj; one is direct and alive, the other secondhand and stale. so i
reject any notion that there is such a thing as a pre- vedic time;
the Vedas in my experience by their simple vibration, create our
universe and everything in it.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> Hi Dawn:
>
> On Feb 5, 2009, at 2:44 PM, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:
>
> > poor Vaj, always putting the cart before the horse...always
claiming
> > Hinduism preceded the Ved - lol. does he walk backwards too?
>

> I normally wouldn't usually waste one of my last posts on such a
naive
> question but since it is a typical TM org person kinda question,
> thought I'd answer it, esp. since your question also could be used
in
> a possible "Dumb Things TMO folks say" FAQ. So thanks in advance,
for
> your naivete.

Ha- Ha, spoken truly like a fish in the ocean, looking for water.