--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...>
> Of course, ghee is 100% saturated fat and arguably worse than butter.

I love ghee and always make some for my kitchen, although I use the
virtuous olive and canola oils more.  Some things fried in ghee are
really divine.  Northern Indians eat a lot of ghee but in the South
they use a lot of coconut oil and mustard oils.

I am heavily influenced by this book:

Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient, With Recipes

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Appreciation-Misunderstood-Ingredient-Recipes/dp/1580089356

http://tinyurl.com/4zo5hr

She includes some interesting new medical views on what she considers
to be our unjustified fear of animal fats.