> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I read a study recently about the more expertise a person has
> > in a certain area, the more likely that person will see a
> > pattern in their area of expertise, to the extent of seeing
> > patterns where there are none.
>
> "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities.
> In the expert's mind there are few."
> - Shunryu Suzuki

Not really what I am thinking about.   The expert sees many
possibilities in the field of expertise, to the extent that they see
things that don't exist.

The beginner doesn't have enough of a background to see all those
possibilities.

For example,  the psychiatrist who treats a problem with his kid like
it is a mental health issue when it is just the kid being a brat.