--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Given the speed of light being the limit of the universe, of
> course, one cannot know what is happening on the nearest star
> RIGHT NOW since it would take 4 years for that information to
> travel to Earth.
>
> So, if one is to know something INSTANTLY, even about the
> neighbors across the street, it cannot be done, but, if one
> knows everything about the neighbors before it is asked "what
> are they doing now?" then one can predict what they'll be doing
> (but only if I know them perfectly -- which uncertainty theory
> says is impossible.)
>
> So, how does God do it?
>
> Answer: He doesn't.

Even simpler answer: There is no God.

The belief in one is just a sense of discomfort
with the notion that the universe runs just fine
without one. Or, as I like to say, paraphrasing
the similar quote about drugs, "God is just a
crutch for those who can't handle reality."

While I understand people's desire to believe
that there is an intelligence "running" creation,
and within the limits of some kind of "plan," I
don't buy it. One can explain all the workings
of the universe *without* a God; therefore posit-
ing one is *adding complexity* to a situation
that can be more easily explained without the
complexity. Simplify, simplify, simplify. And
shave-and-a-haircut with Occam's Razor, too.  :-)