--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bettyblue109 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> > Is it Miss Do.Rflex or Mr Do.Rflex, "That's a similar attitude to
> > those whose 'expert' economic back ground got us into this mess
> > in the first place. The same kind of in-it-for-the-wealthy
> > 'experts' who fought tooth and nail against FDR's New Deal
> > spending...."
>
> Actually 300 million Americans got us into this mess in the
> first place, we all lived way beyond our means since 1980.
> We all borrowed too much, too much debt...

Speak for yourself.

I lived in the U.S. until 2002. I had zero debt.
I still have zero debt.

Don't project your own "out-of-control housewife
with a credit card" approach to living onto others
unless you're sure it applies.

One of the reasons I *left* the U.S. is that I saw
all this coming. It's the result of a government
*and* a people who lived the way you described.
If you're one of them, include yourself in your
"300 million Americans" figure, but leave me out.
I resent being put in the same category as idiots.