ruthsimplicity wrote:
> I, of course, would love to see you levitate and then see what I would think
> about it.  Most likely I would think you had learned a cool trick.

Ruth,

Really?  Merely a cool trick?  WTF?

The red-flag aspect of all levitation reports is that the exhibition of such is
done in a non-scientific venue....such as that employed by Criss Angel who
shows himself levitating high in the air with a crowd of onlookers -- but it
turns out, he was on a wire and the crowd was entirely made up of paid shills,
and the whole thing is a sham from the get-go and breaks the once-highly-held
moral intent of magicians to not use camera tricks.

Turq keeps insisting that he was in a crowd that saw "the Rama guy" levitate,
and, yep, there's Turq saying "ain't no big thang...yawn."

To me that's Turq's "tell" that he's not being on the up and up with us.  It is
one thing for him to tell us he's seen levitation one time, but he says he's
seen it many times, and that's where the story becomes a tale told instead of a
factual accounting.

Why?

Cuz think about it.  If someone can levitate and do so "at will," it represents
a complete annihilation of many foundational axioms of hard-won scientific
conclusions.  It means "gravity control" is possible.  Tell someone at the CIA
that you've got gravity control down pat, show them an act of levitation, and
see if they don't hustle you off to a prison while they study you and see if
they can make it work for their war machines.  Tell NASA you got it, and
they'll say, "Now we can explore the stars FAST."

Why didn't Turq or any of the many smart folks who Turq says saw acts of
levitation not "get it" that the demonstrated levitation was not merely a
spiritual miracle but also represented a technology that foretold the complete
collapse of the industries of oil, auto, highway construction, military complex
and on and on it goes?  If levitation is real, then all of physics must be
reexamined.  Turq and others should have known this -- should have told Rama to
save all of humanity with this knowledge.

To put it simply: levitation is a weapon of mass destruction.  The power is so
incredible, that no aspect of civilization would be untouched by its
application to the real world.

Yet no one in the crowd saw fit to ask Rama why he wasn't being kidnapped by
some government and water-boarded until he told the secrets he must know to
have obtained such power.  If true levitation were to be performed, there would
be an immediate, massive, world-wide shift of consciousness as it "sank in"
that such an ability was real.  Overnight, religions would gel around the
concept and immediate start getting some of the people power back from those
who'd been grabbed by scientific thought instead.

The fact that the Rama guy wasn't kidnapped is a huge tell that he was simply
faking.  You simply cannot levitate for real in today's world with today's
educated folks and expect that a clamor would not immediately arise that the
levitation be investigated -- since it simply promises "miracles for the
asking."  It indicates that panacea-thought is practical.

In other words, Ruth, not merely a neat trick.

Edg