--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2009, at 8:47 PM, Vaj wrote:
>
> > > This is not like any other thought. The level of mantra
> > > repetition where mantra continues continuously like a
> > > spontaneous thought actually is ajapa-japa: no effort or
> > > smriti, just constant ongoing awareness of mantra 24/7/365.
> >
> > WRONG. "When we become aware that we are not thinking
> > the mantra, then we quietly come back to the mantra.
> > Very easily we think the mantra and if at any moment
> > we feel that we are forgetting it, we should not try
> > to persist in repeating it. Only very easily we start
> > and take it as it comes and do not hold the mantra if
> > it tends to slip away."
>

> My god, don't you guys ever get tired
> of this boring crap?

Tell me about it. My 'NEXT' button finger
is almost worn out this morning. :-)

Yet another round of people *who have never
practiced any other technique of meditation
other than TM* declaring over and over, "TM
is unique!!!" The absurdity of it staggers
the imagination.

At least Vaj has *practiced* other forms of
meditation, and thus has the ability to com-
pare them to TM. But WHY BOTHER? What is the
point of making such comparisons for people
so stupid as to believe that they can declare
how unlike any other technique of meditation
(and how superior) TM is, *while never having
experienced any other techniques*.

It's like trying to explain what makes paint-
ings in a museum masterpieces to a group of
people whose concept of art *started with and
stayed with* crayons, and "staying within the
lines" in their coloring books.

Talking about composition and the differences
in brush strokes and coloration is kinda silly
when you're dealing with people who are waving
a box of Crayolas and screaming "*THIS* is
what you use to create Art! And we know because
we use these crayons every day. We don't have
to learn any complicated stuff like how to mix
paints and use brushes. That's for lesser
artists, not for us."