On Mar 28, 2009, at 10:13 PM, Sal Sunshine wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2009, at 8:47 PM, Vaj wrote:
>
>>> This is not like any other thought. The level of mantra repetition
>>> where mantra continues continuously like a spontaneous thought
>>> actually is ajapa-japa: no effort or smriti, just constant ongoing
>>> awareness of mantra 24/7/365.
>>>

>> WRONG. "When we become aware that we are not thinking the mantra,
>> then we quietly come back to the mantra. Very easily we think the
>> mantra and if at any moment we feel that we are forgetting it, we
>> should not try to persist in repeating it. Only very easily we
>> start and take it as it comes and do not hold the mantra if it
>> tends to slip away."
>

> My god, don't you guys ever get tired
> of this boring crap?

Yes, I do. It's probably time for a TM and mantra meditation FAQ. But
since RD's relatively new here, I thought I'd help dispossess her of
some of the fictions she's acquired with so little independent
thought. But, yeah, it's like having to watch an old grump wake up.
Some never really do, but instead cling to their illusions.