On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Duveyoung wrote:

Vaj,

Hmmm, your Islam bashing below bungs me bloomers a bunchalotta.

Is it is bashing?  Or is it reality?

Why aren't we hearing of this on the mainstream media?

The first part was from the Australian Sydney Morning Herald, the second from the UK's Telegraph.

I think the only real answer is to get them to move up through the higher v-memes that are no longer based on tribal gods. Bombing any country isn't going to facilitate that process, it's going to entrench them in those tribal memes. Nor is getting Hillary to give money to the Taliban or Hamas if they promise to play like good boys. Similar observations can be made about America where we've seen a huge growth in fundamentalist Christianity in the last 50 years. Creationist museums. Similar memes, different societies, different problems. The problem is really what's the faster way to get collective group-think to move into more modern and more egalitarian patterns? I think, in this context, the Dalai Lama has a realistic and practical stance. It's no longer about "conversion". Trying to convert Islamic folks to Christianity isn't going to work any more than converting Christians or Jews to Islam. What will work is to revive the individual awakening schools in each religion and that in and of itself will foster movement into more holistic and globalcentric worldviews. "Our god" would have to replace "my God" for any of these god-believing religions to get along.