> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > When is a religion no longer allowed to be a religion-
> > on-this-planet because its moral values are so strikingly
> > at odds with one's own sense of what is an axiom that --
> > to us -- enjoys the imprimatur of "divine right."
>
> Edg, I'm using my last post of the week to say I
> think this is the best post you've ever made to FFL.
>
> Not that it's a slam-dunk, but (to mix metaphors)
> you've raised the bar very high on one side of an
> intractable dilemma.
>
> The only clear thing about "moral clarity" is that
> it's an oxymoron.
>
> Jesus wept.

Jihad Watch is a right-wingnut website devoted to bashing Muslims. The article
"Hillary backs reconciliation talks with Taliban" is just an excuse to portray
Hillary as a hypocrite and kick her down the block AGAIN. It's what
rightwingers for sport. The most telling thing about sexist men in the primary
was the proclivity of leftwing Obot's to bash Hillary at every opportunity with
the same crap the wingnuts invented.  Far left or far right, it doesn't seem to
matter, sexism rules even though everyone knows, quite well that no one matches
Hillary's record on fighting for women's rights. Maybe it's what scares them
about her.

It's not surprising Vaj dug up this turd up to bash Hillary not because the
CARES about the rights of women under Sharia law but because he cares about
bashing Hillary. The ironic thing about the article is that in order to bash
Hillary they are force to defend women. To tell the truth, in some dark corner
of their sexist psyches, they probably admire Sharia law, and wouldn't mind if
women had fewer rights than they do.

Here's an update on the Sharia flap:

"At a conference on Afghanistan in The Hague, Scandinavian foreign ministers
publicly challenged the Afghan leader to respond to a report on the new law in
yesterday's Guardian, and the US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, was
reported to have confronted Karzai on the issue in a private meeting.

At a press conference after the meeting, Clinton made clear US displeasure at
the apparent backsliding on women's rights. "This is an area of absolute
concern for the United States. My message is very clear. Women's rights are a
central part of the foreign policy of the Obama administration," she said. ...

At the Hague conference, instigated at Washington's request to rally
international support for Obama's new strategy in Afghanistan, Finland's
foreign minister, Alexander Stubb, called on the Karzai government to respond
to the Guardian report, a call echoed by Iceland, while Norway also expressed
concern over the trend in women's rights."

The Guardian: "Pressure on Hamid Karzai to scrap Afghan women's law" 4/1/09

http://tinyurl.com/d2jqv3
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/01/afghanistan-womens-rights-hamid-karzai