Hugo wrote:
> It's causing a lot of confusion in the allied troops
> fighting the Taliban too. We all rush out here to help
> america and then 4 years later they start doing deals
> without telling anyone!

That would be 'America' to you, Hugo, with a capital 'A'.

"We pay for their military protection, we pay for the
profits that develop the drugs and consumer goods they
happily consume, and now we're supposed to pay for their
economic bailout too. Europe could liberalize its markets,
let in immigrants, develop a real military, instead of
just critiquing the way we do it. We'll continue to let
them free ride, because there's no way to stop it. But
I'm starting to think we should rub it in a bit more."

Read more:

'Europe Free Rides, Again'
Posted by Megan McArdle
The Atlantic, March 31, 2009