--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, I am the eternal <l.shad...@...> wrote:
Seek after the Humbold video tapes.  I so much enjoyed them.  They
> were perhaps his best ever. . . .
> And don't listen to the damned Buddhists here.

Shad,

Yeah, get those 1971 Humboldt tapes -- find the tape that shows Maharishi
telling some guy "I'd rather disband the movement than have initiators who look
like you."  The guy had a beard and had gotten to the microphone and made a
seriously good case that bearded initiators would command respect.  There were
1500 folks there...half of them hippies. When Maharishi rebuked the guy -- get
this -- the crowd hissed and booed Maharishi.  Maharishi then said, "Time for
lunch."  You know, he chickened out -- something Turq does when the heat in the
kitchen is too much.

Yet, now we have the rajas with full beards.

When I got back from TTC, Bill Whitherspoon told me I had to shave my mustache
or he wouldn't allow me to teach in the Detroit area.  Years later I had my
chance to smack him around for it when we both lived in FF, but I, by that
time, saw Bill as this guy without a life and pitied him.  He was pretending to
be joe-honcho in the TM business community.  I wonder if he's still plowing up
the desert to make artforms.  Anyhoo, he was one of the "little tyrants" the
movement gave a bit of power to, and he wasn't the worst TMO abuser by a long
shot, but I guess I owe him a thank you note for being part of the long process
of building disaffection and clarity in me. Thanks Bill for the abuse!

Anyone know if Bill is still toeing the TMO company line?

Edg