I knew some young strippers who were at some jyotish workshops.  I also
knew a lingerie model (who had also worked with California Hardbodies)
who was very interested in spiritual things, astrology and ayurveda.

OTOH, knowing the drink prices (and minimums) at strip clubs I can't
believe you actually hung out at one to write.  And the testosterone
levels at those places are enough to drive anyone out let alone try to
write there.

And #2 is actually an old tale that gurus often tell about the
prostitute and the yogi.  The yogi practiced his meditations across the
street from a prostitute and looked down with upon her while she across
the street admired the yogi's spiritual practices and devotion.  (To cut
things short) when death came to both the yogi went to hell and the
prostitute went to heaven. :-D