> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >
> > I would be more impressed with Vaj's "scientific" claims,
> > if he could provide a first hand account of his personal
> > pacification experiences with the Dali Lama.
>
> I'd be more impressed with TMers if they
> learned how to spell the Dalai Lama's name. :-)
>
> Remedial education for TMers:
>
> Dali Lama -- a surrealistic painter from Catalunya,
> known for his flamboyant mustache.
>
> Dali Llama -- a South American cud-chewing animal
> related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
>
> Dolly Lama -- an American country-and-western
> singer known for her big humps.
>
> Dalai Lama -- a well-known spiritual teacher.
>
> All four are Buddhists, so it's still OK to dump
> on them so you feel better about being a TMer
> and thus following the "highest path." Doing so
> indicates how spiritually advanced you are.
>
> :-)

Look whose dumping from his high horse now. If Vaj wants to make scientific
claims for the Dalai Lama's spiritual whammy powers (red pen spelling
correction noted) he could at least back it up. I'm not even asking for a
study, just one little personal experience. Vaj is very quick to criticize TM
research but has not yet supported his claims for "pacification" whatever the
hell that even means. I don't doubt the DL's spiritual greatness or his ability
to be a conduit for people to experience unity consciousness. I just doubt that
such a subjective experience as "pacification" or "unity consciousness" is
quantifiable other than the telling of an anecdote. I am interested to hear
from Vaj and not you unless you have met the Dalai Lama and have a truthful
story to tell about an experience of pacification and what that means to you.

P.S.
Deli Lama: A sandwich.