If Vaj was within two feet of the Dalai Lama and had been balmisized, how is
that different if Vaj reported that he'd once been at the back of a lecture
hall filled with folks hearing the Dalai Lama's sermon and had been balmisized
by that?  Are we saying that the closer to the fire the greater the heat,  or,
do we believe the balmisizing has nothing to do with physical distance?

IOW, Vaj doesn't ever have to have had a real meeting with the Dalai Lama for
balmisizing to have happened.  All that's really required is that Vaj be
properly prepared spiritually for the experience.  The closer one physically
gets to the Dalai Lama, the more easily the brain can be filled with a constant
triggering, e.g., "OMG, I'm here with the Dalai Lama," or "The Dalai Lama just
touched me." etc., but a mind such as the one Vaj presents daily to us could
easily be as involved and intensely focused on a spectrum of expectations from
merely contemplating the Dalai Lama since Vaj's involvement with Buddhism is so
deep. Two women try to pick up a car, but only the mother of the trapped child
lifts it, like that.

Whether or not there's something really given to Vaj from the Dalai Lama, I can
easily see a very real life change happening to Vaj from simply the placebo
effect combined with a spiritual intent that is daily and frequently
entertained by Vaj.

It's as understandable as the results of faith healers or bone shakers or
voodoo rites -- real things can happen no matter if the presumed dynamics are
actually operative.

I had some chicken meat taken from my body and nothing came of it.  Why? I was
paying my $125 just to see up close how the magic act was conducted. I wasn't
there in a mind prepared to change.  And, verily I got what I was paying for --
I got a tee shirt that said, "I went to a psychic surgeon, and all I got was
salmonella."

I envy those who can get real results by any method.  Any of Grate Swan's list
of possibilities would do me. Hook or crook, what does it matter?

Blessed are those who believe and have not seen -- it's a powerful tool if one
can, you know, work it, and make believing things a daily regimen. What would
Jesus do? --  another example?

Edg