Barry, what you seem to miss in this discussion is that it is not about RULES
you think Obama is so smart to ignore, it is about ideology, the core values of
your political compass, a general framework from which an administration will
make policy on a political spectrum from left to right. Everyone has a
political compass from which they chart the course of their decisions in life.
Whether you buy a red car or a blue car you base your decision on values,
experience, what you feel attracts to that comports with your taste. Choosing
red or blue has nothing to do with RULES. Find your political compass, everyone
has one.  http://www.politicalcompass.org/iconochasms

Many progressive liberals voted for Obama believing he would promote a liberal
agenda. I supported Hillary believing she would promote a liberal agenda in the
tradition of FDR and Truman because she had a history of advocating for women
and children. She stood for something she believed in and I respected her for
that. I have always been a Democrat and I supported Hillary believing she had
the core values of a Democrat which comports with my values.

I didn't support Obama because he had no history of standing for anything and I
could not discern core Democratic values in him. I always thought he was an
empty-suit that would blow in which ever direction the wind blew. And your
discussion on this topic today affirms my suspicions of him. I never thought he
was the liberal that some of the progressives thought he was. So if Sotomayor
doesn't turn out to be the liberal SCOTUS that the left had hoped, I won't be
as disappointed at they. Pragmatism in politics, yields weak leadership, and
destroys trust of the people who voted for you.