From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 4:38 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Secretary Clinton on Sunday TV

Racism is no longer, thank goodness, publicly
acceptable in this society. But sexism still is. And
unlike racism, sexism is not primarily the province
of the right wing. That was the real shocker, that
so-called progressives, who are supposed to be for
women's rights, hadn't the slightest problem
indulging in it.
You're probably right, which would mean that sexism is a deeper-seated
prejudice, such that people are less aware of it in themselves, and thus in
their environment. I confess to having to have it pointed out to me, and
still needing to make an effort to see it. I didn't much like Hillary as
candidate, because I didn't like her vibe, but I'm a poor judge of
character. After all, I canvassed for Edwards.
And with Palin, we saw it coming
almost *exclusively* from the left.
Palin was an idiot. She had no business running for vice president, and
McCain was a fool to choose her. If she had been a man with the same
capabilities, then I'd be saying "he" was an idiot and McCain was a fool to
choose him.