--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii...@...> wrote:

>  (snip)
> > On the subject of emptysuit:
>
> You must be referring to 'The Empty Pants Suit'...
> I haven't heard The Secretary of State, speak up on these positions...
> She is in charge, of most of what you state here...

Wrong Robert, Obama is in charge. Here's a little lesson on the fundamentals of
political viability: Every cabinet member, every special envoy, every;
presidential appointee, serves at the pleasure of the president, and supports
the president's policies in public or leaves office.

> Why don't you write your friend, Hillary, and asked her, what's up with these
> issues, that you so specifically mention, here...
> R.G.

Why don't you write your friend Obama and ask why he has gone back on his
promises?

> > Obama defends "Prolonged Detention" instead of Habeas Corpus
> > Obama wants to imprison people for pre-crime:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jshogbjtYs&feature=related

Re: Prolonged Detention: During the primary both Hillary and Obama said they
would restore Habeas Corpus. Obama's reversal of this position is his decision
alone. Hillary has not said whether she agrees of disagrees with him on this
issue. I suspect privately she disagrees but it is not her place to contradict
Obama in public.

> > Suppression of torture photos instead of promise of transparency
> > Obama wants to conceal evidence of war crimes
> > http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/06/05/photos/index.html

Re: Suppression of torture photos: Obama has stated in public his opposition to
releasing the torture photos and reluctance to pursuing prosecutions of the
Bush administration for War Crimes. Again, Hillary has not said whether she
agrees of disagrees with him on this issue. I suspect privately she disagrees.

> > "President Obama has appointed Alexia Kelley, executive director of
> > Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good (CACG), to head the Center for
> > Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships at the Department of Health and
> > Human Services. ... Kelley has made clear that she seeks instead to reduce
> > access to abortion. That is an extremely disturbing development, especially
> > coming this week in the wake of George Tiller's assassination."
> > http://alegrescorner.soapblox.net/showDiary.do?diaryId=3072

Re appointment of Alexia Kelley: Hillary has not said whether she agrees of
disagrees with Obama on this issue, but I can assure you that this one
appointment you would never have seen if Hillary were president.

> > Forget about FISA. Forget about the Fourth Amendment that prohibits
> > unreasonable searches and seizures
> > http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/1197

Re FISA: Just for the record, during the primary, Obama voted in favor of FISA
when he was in the Senate and Hillary voted against it. For me, it was an
indication of his willingness to backpedal on issues important to the left.
Further, the Senate didn't even need his vote to pass the FISA bill.

> > On the "Journal", Scahill says how the war policies of Barack Obama are no
> > different or radical from that of the George Bush Administration. The Obama
> > Government has just started following the old government policies regarding
> > the Middle East war situation. The statistics in those nations show that at
> > present, over two fifty thousand contractors are battling it out in Iraq
> > and Afghanistan. It accounts for almost about fifty percent of the total US
> > force.
> > http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/jeremy-scahill-on-bill-moyers-journal_100201638.html

Jeremy Scahill was the journalist who exposed the scandalous use of
mercenaries in Iraq by the Bush administration. During the primary, Scahill was
a rabid Obama supporter. I doubt he is now.

I never supported Obama so I'm not as disappointed in him as you ought to be,
Robert.