From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:35 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Alex Stanley, correct and apologize.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> As for colorful language in the things Edg and some
> others write, we'll let that slide as long as it's
> in context and not gratuitive.

I'm inclined to think we might be better off to let the
chips fall where they may and deal with such a report
if and when it happens again, rather than trying to
thread this very foggy needle.
I agree.

<snip>
> So I say there's no need for Alex to apologize

For the record, Shemp wanted Alex to apologize for saying
he had posted porn when he had not, in fact, done so. As
Shemp pointed out, once the post had been deleted, there
was no way for readers to know he'd only posted a link.
Fine distinction. One click and you're at the porn.
Recently, a blind person joined FFL, thinking she was going to find some
spiritual discussion. I cringed as I imagined her listening aloud to some of
the stuff that gets posted here. "Get the kids out of the room, I'm going to
listen to FFL."