--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberation@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to interrupt,
> >
> > but I think I vaguely remember when I was at MIU in the 90's that
> > according to vedic standards homosexuality was generally frowned
> > upon.
>
> Indian culture, which is very conservative, definitely frowns on it.
>
> > Someone told me that they were at a seminar and the question was
> > brought up to Maharishi, and he made a comment that homosexuality
> > is one of the worst things for evolution.
> >
> > Anyone here able to confirm this?  Or is it just another TM rumor
> > that just got spread around like many others?
>
> Back in the 1980s, I heard all sorts of negative "Well, Maharishi said..."
> type ideas about homosexuality, and naturally, I took them to heart and beat
> myself up with them. But, not only did my miserable existence the closet save
> my life by completely shielding me from the AIDS epidemic, sexuality was the
> sole driving force in all my spiritual seeking. Now, I just look back and
> chuckle at how even stupid non-truth can serve a purpose on the path to
> awakening. It's one big cosmic joke.

Maybe someone who was there can corroborate or clarify this: On my Estes Park
TTC it was my understanding that Maharishi's personal cook was a gay fellow. I
remember seeing him him at some of the lectures. He was a very pleasant young
person.

> Now, I just look back and chuckle at how even stupid non-truth can serve a
> purpose on the path to awakening. It's one big cosmic joke.

I agree with that.  -ALL- of life's experiences in this world are part of
evolution and ultimately lead to awakening.