--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Well, actually, the images have EVERYTHING to do
> > > with gay marriage (at least MALE gay marriage) and
> > > there's no way of getting around it.
> >
> > So what *do* such images have to do with male gay
> > marriage? Please tell us.
>
> It all depends upon whether you're repulsed by them, Judy.

Why? How? What's the connection?

<snip>
> Which brings us back to why people took offense at my
> providing a link to the photos.  Why such a visceral
> reaction?  Why were people so uncomfortable?

I didn't see anybody expressing discomfort, Shemp. The
only problem was the possible risk of having FFL put
in Yahoo's adult category, which would have been the
case no matter what kind of porn you linked to.

> Stanley now says that if I had provided a disclaimer
> or warning about what there was that that would have
> been okay...and I tend to agree with him that that is
> something I should have done.  If I had done that,
> Judy, would that have been okay in your book?

I've already said I thought the prohibition against
links was unnecessary, and I was the one who first
suggested a NSFW warning as a courtesy. So why are
you even asking me?

<snip>
> Do I support gay marriage?  Like I say, only if those
> that support it support all other alternative type
> marriages.

Why is your support dependent on what other people
support?

> But why not see photos of gay sex if you support
> that (and, yes, you ARE supporting gay male anal sex
> by supporting gay marriage) without getting all
> hostile towards Shemp for posting a link to it.

You forgot, Shemp. I was *defending* your posting of
the link.

And I still don't see the connection between gay porn
and gay marriage. Nobody should be forced to view porn
of any kind for any reason.