On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I don't think anyone was "prescribing" any alternative health care
> stuff.   Instead suggesting things to try.  After all ayurveda is just
> biochemistry.

Ayurveda is biochemistry NOT.  It is alchemy.  It deals with the Indian
equivalents of humours, the equivalent of earth, air, fire, water and
phleghm.  Now perhaps once upon a time people could dissect the doshas,
subdoshas, subsubdoshas, ... and come upon a real diagnosis and a real
cure.  Perhaps someone like Triguna can intuit it all.  Then again no one
has run a double blind test with Triguna to see if journeying long and hard
to stand in line for hours on end to see Triguna doesn't install some
expectation effect into his herbs.  Panaceas work almost as well as western
medicines at times and have fewer side effects.

It's a good thing noseguru isn't paid any real attention to.

And let me see.  You can convince someone to come out of depression with a
cup of kalpha tea.

Hmm.  If I weren't already built to everyone's satisfaction, I'd consider
buying some of those herbal capsules offered for sale in my email 75 times a
day.  After all, they are herbal and therefore biochemical.  And my ...
Hmm.  Something doesn't compute here.