--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wg...@...> wrote:

> > Says it all, in one photo:
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/passiveaggressive/3642661392/sizes/o/
> > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/passiveaggressive/3642661392/sizes/o/>
>
> Actually, they say there are 3 reasons to become a
> vegetarian and the best and least selfish one is
> 1) Compassion for animals.  The second good reason is
> 2)spiritual reasons, the vibrations of fear, anger
> and passion are still in the meat you consume, and
> finally the least, but good reason to become a
> vegetarian is 3) health, vegetarians (when eating
> properly) are better nourished and have more stamina.

You left out (4), it takes significantly more resources
to raise livestock for food. I forget the statistic, but
the grain used to produce one single meal of hamburger
could produce X number of grain-based meals. IOW, you can
feed a lot more people if you use the available resources
to produce food for a vegetarian diet.

(I'm not a vegetarian, but I try to stick to chicken and
fish; they take less resources to raise.)