<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > Says it all, in one photo:
> > >
> > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/passiveaggressive/3642661392/sizes/o/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/passiveaggressive/3642661392/sizes/o/>

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/passiveaggressive/3642661392/sizes/o/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/passiveaggressive/3642661392/sizes/o/> >

> > Actually, they say there are 3 reasons to become a
> > vegetarian and the best and least selfish one is
> > 1) Compassion for animals.  The second good reason is
> > 2)spiritual reasons, the vibrations of fear, anger
> > and passion are still in the meat you consume, and
> > finally the least, but good reason to become a
> > vegetarian is 3) health, vegetarians (when eating
> > properly) are better nourished and have more stamina.
>
> You left out (4), it takes significantly more resources
> to raise livestock for food. I forget the statistic, but
> the grain used to produce one single meal of hamburger
> could produce X number of grain-based meals. IOW, you can
> feed a lot more people if you use the available resources
> to produce food for a vegetarian diet.>>

Yes, it is MUCH more waste of arable land and resources. The photo Turq
posted just shows how stupid meat-eaters are. I'm prectically a
fruitarian in the summer - never mind a vegetarian, and I am not as
squeemish, as most meat eaters are, about killing animals if I had to.
Plus I run up mountains for fun, and can kick the ass of the average 25
year old meat-eater no problem.

I don't know if Turq eats meat, but I bet Turq never killed an animal
for food in his life.

OffWorld