> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "pranamoocher" <bhrma@> wrote:
> > >
> > > And how will he reincarnate?
> > > I believe he once practiced TM.
> > > Too bad they die so young.
> >
> > This leaves us to wonder if there is a price for fame,
> > glory and money. Perhaps, if he had requested for yagyas,
> > he would have lived longer to reap the benefits of his
> > notoriety.
>
> And people think *Michael Jackson* was crazy!  :-)
>
> John, please explain to us how the basis of your
> belief that paying money to the "owners" of young
> boys sold into pundit-slavery to support their
> families back in India is any different than the
> ceremony performed in the video on this page:

It's all a matter of belief.  That's what counts.  If he was born into the
Hindu culture, it would have been an act of faith for him to request the yagya
needed to mitigate any bad karmas he may have incurred in the past or the
present life.

Since he was born Christian, or a Jehovah Witness, it would have been an act of
faith to request his minister to perform a ceremony or rite to give thanks for
the benefits he had received in this life time.  For example, among Catholics
it is part of tradition to request a mass to be requested for those who are
sick or who have passed away.

According to MMY in his commentary to the Gita, doing TM is a form of yagya.
We don't know if Jackson was a meditator or if he was initiated into TM, we
don't know if he continued his practice.

Esta bien?