--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2009, at 7:44 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
>
> > I'm going to say what I said about Chopra after he did his piece on
> > Maharishi immediately after he died last year.
> >
> > Recall that Chopra revealed private stuff about Maharishi's sickness
> > at a time when Chopra was actually his formal physician (about 20
> > years ago).  And death does not sever the patient/doctor
> > confidentiality yet here was Chopra -- without consent from
> > Maharishi's estate -- revealing personal medical info about Maharishi.
> >
> > I am convinced if someone wanted to pursue it, they could have
> > successfully lodged a formal complaint against Chopra for violating
> > that confidentiality.
> >
> > I don't know if it's the same case here but Chopra is quite quick
> > off the starting block to share intimate stuff about Jackson...and
> > if Chopra was in any official capacity a counsellor, doctor or
> > adviser to Jackson he very well may be violating that same
> > confidentiality again by some of the stuff he writes in this article.
>
> I didn't see anything that looked confidence-violating
> in what he  wrote.  Looked pretty much like just
> reflections to me.
>
> I take it you're not a big Chopra fan, shemp.
>
> Sal

I like a lot of what Chopra says and writes.  And then there's stuff he is just
stupid about.

What i object to about him is his "Dauphin" airs, a kinda arrogance about him.
The Maharishi piece I refer to above really was beyond the pale...not that I
didn't like the piece and the info which I found fascinating...but the mere
fact that he left it up to himself to publish stuff that he had no business
revealing.